Make A Difference Awards for Middle School Students in 2021
Students must complete the application including phone number with area code, address, email, grade school information, and previous honors.Requirements
- Students must have extraordinary experience in volunteerism or community projects that make a difference in the lives of others.
- Students must be on track to graduate in good academic standing.
- Students will be required to fill out the application and write a concise essay describing the community service project(s) in which they participated over the 2020-21 school year.
- Academic transcript must be sent with the application.
Only complete and timely applications will be considered.Essay Instructions
Students must type a thoughtful, well-written essay that describes their experiences working to help others in their communities. The focus should be on self-directed volunteerism that exceeds the service requirements mandated or sponsored by the school. The essay should meet the following formatting criteria:
- 300 word minimum
- Typed on 8.5 x 11 white paper
- 1.25-inch margins on all sides
- Student's full name, grade, and school name must be clearly visible on each page
This award is a competitive one. We will review applications and designate winners. Every school that sends us a minimum of three student applications will have a winner. Personalized gift boxes will be presented at year-end award ceremonies of winning students' schools. A maximum of one student from each school will be recognized and awarded $100.00, and the overall Make a Difference Award winner from Southwest Florida will receive a cash award of $1,000.
Should you have any questions, please contact Karen Mayo at email@example.com